Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Rotorua Taupo



Rotorua
In Rotorua Kai,Tash,Dani and I went to a pop up ice skating rink. It was my first time ever even seeing a rink. I was pretty scared but my friends comforted me as they have been to ice skating rinks multiple times before. I started on the support box thing then tried to skate without it and I fell over straight away onto my right knee! I thought the ice would be soft or not as hard for some reason BUT NO IT WAS HARD!! 
Taupo

On the way to Taupo we went to this awesome place called  Hoka Falls. When looking at these falls you would feel this level of respect for mother nature and its beauty and destruction. We found these really cool thermal mud pools and spent a bit of time looking at the mud splurting out in 80 - 100  degrees water.













Tongariro Crossing
My Mum and I went for this massive 7 hour walk with some of the gypsy people and it was EXHAUSTING. 20km long 2km in height with great scenery! Mum had a great time taking photos.
My favourite part was when we went down from the very top  of the mountain on all this shingle at one part on the shingle it was only 1 metre WIDE with cliffs on both side of you!! At the end we felt very sore but happy that we accomplished the Tongariro Crossing.










No comments:

Post a Comment