Friday, October 27, 2017

Dunedin To Invercargill

Dunedin
At Dunedin I had my first surf for the season yet it was pretty good! But it was sooo cold I only went in with booties and a wetsuit, I thought I was gonna freeze to death or get icicles on my hands or something! The days of the fair got a bit rainy and everyone got a bit down and droopy. 


Kaka Point & Nugget Point





















On the way to invercargill wich is a 5 hour drive by the way! We stopped the night at a small little town that is called Kaka Point. Where we were parked we had a view of the pretty little beach with pretty good surf, but after dunedin I thought to myself "wayyyy to coldd". The next day we went to a place called Nugget Point and WOW it was so scenic the views of the sea and mountains were outstanding! I really loved looking out at the lighthouse. My dad seeked a sealion out at the rocks and he looked majestic through mums camera lens with his yellow whiskers.





















The Falls

On the way down from Nugget Point we met this woman called Melody she came from France and was a teacher coming for a bit of a holiday. She was hitch hiking her way around New Zealand, so we took her with us through eventually all the way to these nice waterfalls. The awesome photographer I am! I went out of bounds and next to the rocks to get a little side photo hehe. Once done with looking at the breathtaking falls we found these nice people travelling around in a van and let Melody go with them!





The Next Stop
At the next stop we meet up with the other gypsies at this little campsite. There was this little pa
thway out to the beach and we made a fire because fishing didn't work out. After a couple of minutes the tide started to come in so I took it upon myself to make a little barrier. The next day I had the BEST time going to this place called the lost gypsy it had lots of inventions this guy made. I was greeted with this button and a sign saying "push this button if you dare" me being a kid and all I obviously was intrigued with this so I slowly pushed the button.. I GOT squirted with a facefull of water!!! Anyway the place was alot like that with little surprises and humour I thought that was one of the best moments yet of my extravaganza trip.












The Next Next Stop
The next stop we drove to this cafe looking place and was pleasently surprised to see that they had a dump station and a place to stay the night. Behind the cafe there was this massive lake with lots of ducks it was really cute to see the  tiny ducklings. My dad picked one up and let me hold it, once I put it down the duck charged at me to send me warning to not hurt her babies. I got given some duck food by the cafe owners and I threw some around. After a few minutes I had huge duck army chasing after me for some food IT WAS SCARY. They all started jumping up at me then some chickens came along and joined the army! My mum thought this was funny so she got her camera out and took photos of it all! Anyway that pretty much sums up my week alot happened this week so it was awesome! 








1 comment:

  1. Welldone Keanu. I am glad you are having so many adventures and writing them up interestingly.

    ReplyDelete